In 1954 Ken Gazzard accepted an offer as car salesmen at Casterton’s Albion Hilliers garage. At the end of 1954, Ken relocated to Melbourne, to purchase vehicles for the newly established Christies Auctions whereby links in the motor vehicle industry were made.
Upon relocation to Mount Gambier he became the Manager of Sunshine Motors. Later, the current establishment of "Carlin and Gazzard" was purchased with cousin, Colin Carlin. Colin remained in Melbourne responsible for buying cars whilst Ken managed the business.
Business flourished over the years and in 1979 it became solely the Gazzards, as it stands today. With 4th and 5th generation customers continuing to be loyal to the establishment it certainly rings true with its slogan, "The Home of Good Cars".
Carlin and Gazzard have received numerous award's over the years and generously support many local sporting clubs, events, fundraisers and charities.
Customer service is still priority at the dealership with vehicle sale options including Vicroads agents, trade ins accepted, cash for cars and warranty and finance packages to suit your individual needs.